Chanya Ros is one among authentic vegetarian recipe in Goan Cuisine.This recipe of ros is prepared by using pulses and most common pulses used are white peas ,green peas or Alsande(Black eyed beans) and then cooked in roasted coconut gravy .Its mostly prepared in Hindu household and its common dish for festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi or Diwali. Ros is loved by Christians too especially for breakfast with hot paos or unnde.
Chanya Ros is one my favourite curry which i just relax and enjoy with Goan pao or unno for breakfast. Ros is also best option for lunch with pickle and papad or some semolina coated fried veggies like potato fry as side dish just makes your lunch wow.Its been long that i wanted to post the recipe but couldn't because most of the time after finishing ross(gravy) i would remember of clicking pic.
Servings : 6
Total Preparation Time : 12 hours
Cooking Time : 15-20 min
Author :Ispolina Silveira
200 Gram White Peas
1/2 Coconut Grated
1 Table spoon Coriander seeds
4 Dry Red chilies
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp of Fennel seeds
1 Tsp of Poppy seeds
20 Pepper corns
1 Small stick of cinnamon
Small ball of Tamarind
Salt as per taste
- Soak the White peas overnight.Next day morning drain the water and then boil by adding salt and turmeric powder it until soft.Do not over cook.
- Roast the one onion,coconut and all the above dry spices mentioned by adding little oil.(coriander seeds,pepper corns,cinnamon,cloves,poppy seeds,dry chilies,fennel seeds).
- Then Grind all the ingredients along with tamarind to fine paste using required water.
- In Pan add oil,once heated up add mustard seeds and curry leaves.Then add onions and saute for 1 min.
- Once onions turns translucent add boiled chana and mix well.
- After shimmering for 2 min add the ground masala .Mix all well and cook for 10 min on medium flame.
- Serve this mouthwatering Chanya Ros with steamed rice/Roti/Chapati or Goan Pao or Undde.
Thank you for Visiting My Blog Cocinanispolina.
Do follow me on Facebook Page :@cocinanispolina
On Instagram : @cocinanispolina
Do share your comments and feedback.Can also share the dish pic if you try recipe from my Blog.
Happy Cooking :)