Dodol . Its not only Christmas you get to eat Doce but its available in markets through out the year along withe Bibinca and Dodol. So lets begin with these sweet soft Doce in small batch.
Servings 60 pcs
Total Preparation Time : 6 hours
Cooking Time : 11/2 Hours
250 Gram Split Bengal Gram/Chana Dal
2 Coconut scrapped (take only white scrapped)
500 Gram of Granulated Sugar
1 Table spoon Ghee
1 Tsp Cardamom powder
1 Tsp Ghee for greasing
- Soak the Chana Dal for 3-4 hours.Then pressure cook until boil well and ground into fine paste as below.
- Take the scrapped coconut and grind into fine paste.
- In Deep pan add ground Chana dal,ground coconut ,sugar and start to cook.Soon you will see sugar melting and all mixture will turn into light yellow colour.
- After cooking for around 30 to 40 min add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.while it cook keep stirring.
- Soon you will realise the stirring is harder and that indicates that doce mixture is into proper consistency.
- cook until the mixture leaves the sides and bottom of pan and will form like dough.
- Then on the clean kitchen slap apply ghee and pour the hot mixture and quickly spread well on surface with rolling pin.Take a fork and make these lines design jut on top lightly.
- Cut into diamond shape or square shape and allow it dry overnight.
- Once dried store in Air tight container.