Onion Beef is among the most easiest recipes,with less ingredients involved yet so soul satisfying dish.But the important thing involved is your patients because onion beef is a slow cooked dish.Thanks to Joyce Fernandes who through her Cookbook help us Goan to keep so much connected to our Goan Cuisine.Love to learn and cook the historical dishes.
Total Preparation Time :40 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
1/2 Kg Beef (undercut -cut into strips)
5 Large Onions cut into roundels
2 Large Tomatoes cut into rounds
3 Green Chilies chopped or cut into slits
2 Tsp Ghee/oil
1 Tsp Ginger /Garlic Paste
1/2 Tsp Crushed pepper
Salt as per taste
- First Take the Beef and cut into thin strips.
- Mix the beef strips with salt,freshly crushed pepper powder,ginger-garlic paste and vinegar.Allow it to marinate for two to three hours.
- In Pan add oil and then arrange the beef strips all over the pan.Then spread the onion rings,tomatoes and green chilies over the beef.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook the beef strips on slow flame until its cooked.
- The beef will get cooked in onion juices so need need to add water at all.