Pasta Being my Son's and Husband's favourite Dish i try to prepare pasta with different ingredients.I don't like to bore them by preparing same type of pasta with same ingredients.In my home pasta we can eat at any point of time from Breakfast-to Lunch-to Snack Time-Dinner and when chicken or other meat is added than they love it more.So lets being with Creamy Macaroni pasta with Chicken shreds ,little capsicum and few leaves of spinach and with magical flavours of other herbs.
Total Preparation Time:30 min
Cooking Time:15 Min
Measurement :1 Cup=236 ml / 1/2 cup=118 ml
300 Gram of Pasta(Boiled)
150 to 200 Gram of Chicken Shredded
2 Large Onions finely chopped /cut horizontal but very fine
1 Cup of Green Capsicum finely chopped
10 Leaves of spinach finely chopped(blanched)
2 Tsp. finely chopped garlic
2 Tsp.chili flakes
1 Tsp pepper crushed
1/2 Tsp. Basil dry(can use fresh if available)
1 Tsp.Dry oregano
1/2 Cup fresh cream
1 Cup cheese grated
salt as per taste
- First get the pasta boiled by adding salt and little oil from avoiding to pasta to get stuck with each other.once pasta is cooked well drain it and keep aside.
- Than in a pan add olive oil,once heated add garlic,onion and saute well.Than add chicken shredded and toss well till the chicken cooked well and starts to leave water.
- Once you feel chicken is cooked,than add chopped capsicum and chopped spinach.
- Toss it well,than add pepper,oregano,chili flakes.Mix all well.
- Add the boiled pasta and stir it lightly ,than add cream and cheese.Cover the lid and allow to cook for about 2-3 min .
- Once you see cheese melting stir again the pasta so that cream and cheese gets mixed well with pasta.
- Switch off the stove and serve the pasta hot.Eat for breakfast or lunch or dinner.Your family will love it.
Can keep little hot water from drained pasta if required during cooking process.
Blanching is the process were in will boil water,than add spinach leaves and allow to cook for 2-3 min and than quickly immersing the boiled leaves to ice water,this helps to retain the colour of leaves.