Tomato chicken recipe is one of the recipe which i had written in my diary,the days when we were not more exposed to Internet so to preserve the recipe we had to write .Indeed it was fun to sit in front of the TV and note each and every ingredients so carefully.Tomato chicken is the thick gravy in which chicken pieces are smeared in succulent tomato puree cooked over low flame adding seasoning.
Total Preparation time : 11/2 hours
Cooking time :30 min
1 Kilo Gram Chicken pieces
1 Kilo Gram Tomato Puree
2 Large Onions fried til golden brown
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
2-3 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 green chilies chopped
salt as per taste
water as required
- First Cook tomato puree in oil and little water for about 1 hour on slow flame till the tomato gravy is reach in colour and keep aside.
- On the other Hand place a pan on stove,once heated add ghee,than add ginger garlic paste,green chilies chopped and chicken,mix all the ingredients well and fry chicken till it changes colour to light golden brown.
- Add fried onions and mix again and allow it cook for 5 min.
- Lastly add the tomato pure and mix well in chicken and allow it to cook in tomato puree for about good 10-15 min till u get thick gravy.
- Serve Hot with your favorite roti may be kulcha,naan,or chapati.