Pan cake as you know is a flat round cake often made with a Starch based batter which consists of eggs,milk,multipurpose flour ,butter and than fried on griddle or pan.The most common pan cakes prepared in our homes is plan one with vanilla flavour with some toppings of our choice.Pan cakes always being Kids favourite i thought of getting some variation by adding Cocoa Powder and drizzle of chocolate syrup,honey and some strawberry's on top.One of the best breakfast we can give for kids.so lets begin with Chocolate Honey Pan cake.
Total Preparation time:20 min
Cooking time :Each pan Takes around 2-3 min
Measuring Units-1 Cup =236 ml/ 1/2 Cup=118 ml/ 1/4=58 ml/1/3=78 ml
11/4 cups of multipurpose flour
1/4 cup of unsweetened Cocoa
1/4 cup of sugar
2 Pinch of salt
11/4 cups of milk
1/2 Tsp of Baking powder
1 Tsp of Vanilla essence
2 Table spoon Butter
Hershey's chocolate syrup to drizzling on top
Honey to drizzle
1 Cup Fresh strawberry's chopped for topping
Butter for frying the pan cakes
- First sift flour,baking powder,pinch of salt and cocoa powder through a sieve.In other bowl whisk eggs,milk ,sugar and melted butter.Whisk well till all the sugar gets dissolved completely in the liquids.
- Than add the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient bowl and mix it well till the batter is smooth.Can add milk if you find batter little thick.Add little(as per your choice chocolate syrup and mix again well.
- Allow the batter to rest for 2-3 min or if you have time can rest for 5 -10 min.
- Heat the pan and take about 1/4 cup of batter and pour on pan in round shape.once bubble starts to come add butter from side ,allow to cook for 2 min.Than flip and cook for more one min.
- Place one serving plate,spread the strawberry toppings and than drizzle on top chocolate syrup and honey.Just enjoy the yummy healthy breakfast along with your kids.
Note:Can add sugar as per you taste avoid sugar if do not like more sweet and can substitute with honey.
For toppings you can add other fruits too like banana's,kiwi etc