Mint has lot of health benefits and if start to mention i guess it will never end...... but among few important benefits are that mint is well know mouth freshener ,mint is great appetizer and palate cleanser and promote digestion,its a great remedy for nausea and headache,gives reliefs from respiratory disorders and cough etc etc.The market is full of products of Mint like toothpaste,chewing gums.candy and inhalers which has mint as base element.
So if we use mint in our diet it will be really a wonderful benefit .It can be key ingredients in Rice .chicken,drinks,mocktail,ice-creams,salads and desserts.So today i have combined Mint with Rice.Mint Rice or mint pilaf is simple and easy to make since not more ingredients are involved.In taste its really very mild and full of mint flavours because there is no other flavour in pulao which can dominate mint.
Total Preparation time : 30 min
Cooking time:15 min
2 Cups of Rice(approx 250 gram/if basmati rice can reduce measure)
1/2 bunch of mint(separate leaves)
1/2 cup of green coriander chopped(used for colour)
2 medium size onions chopped
10 flakes of garlic
1 Inch ginger
2-3 Green chilies
2 Veg cubes
1/2 Tsp pepper corns
1 Medium stick of cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
- In a mixture jar add mint leaves,green coriander,green chilies,ginger/garlic and grind into a fine paste.
- Than place a pressure cooker on gas stove.Add oil once heated add dry spices(cloves,pepper,cinnamon,cardamon)and toss well,than add onions chopped and saute for 1-2 min.
- Than add ground paste and fry well fro 3-4 min till it leaves oil.Add water double the quantity of rice in a ratio 1:2 and also add veg Maggie cubes.
- Once the water starts to boil add salt and rice.Give a stir and pressure cook till rice cook(approx 3 whistles)
- Once done serve hot either with Curd raita but we being hardcore Non-vegetarian i served it with side dish Chicken Korma(will be Next on blog) :)