Total Preparation time : 40 min
Cooking time : 20 min
2 Medium size Bitter Guard(cut into rings)
4 Medium size onions(cut into half size moon shape)
1 tsp Roasted Sesame seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp chili powder
2 table spoon oil
1 tsp Dry Mango powder(amchur powder)
1 cup water
- Combine Bitter gourd in little salt water and keep it aside for 20 min
- Squeeze water from bitter gourd and place them of kitchen towel and allow to dry completely
- In pan add oil,once heated add onions and saute for 1 to 2 min
- Than add bitter gourd and saute well and allow it to cook on slow flame for 15 min while stirring occasionally.
- Once bitter gourd cooked properly,add salt,turmeric,chili powder,sesame seeds, sugar,amchur powder(if amchur not there can use 2 tsp tamarind pulp) .
- Stir well on medium flame for about 2-3 min .
- Serve Hot.