Mutton Pepper Fry Tried first Time and it was just classic.Recipe followed from Food Food Show by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Little procedure different from that shown in the original recipe. Photo Credit to my Brother Lawrence Silveira.
Total Preparation Time : 1 hour
Cooking Time : 25 min
1 Kg Mutton
4 Onions finely chopped
4 Red chilies
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
20 curry leaves
1 Table spoon garlic paste
1 Table spoon ginger paste
3 Green Chilies Slit
1/2 small bowl green Coriander for garnish
1/2 Lemon Juice
1/2 Inch Cinnamon
Oil for cooking
For Dry Masala
1 Table spoon Peppers
2 Table spoon Coriander seeds
1 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
1 Table spoon Dry Coconut
- First wash the Mutton well and drain the water well.Than in Cooker add oil,once heated add 1/2 onions,10 pepper corns,cardamon, cinnamon,cloves and saute well.
- Once onions are translucent add mutton,turmeric and salt.Saute the mutton on high flame.After stirring for 5 - 7 min add approx of 2 cups of water and pressure cook the mutton.Take about 4 whistles.(whistles depending on the tenderness of mutton)
- On the other hand dry roast the Spices that is coriander seeds,pepper corns,cumin seeds, dry coconut and grid them all together roughly.
- In other pan heat oil,than add curry leaves,dry chilies and remaining onions chopped and saute well.
- Than ginger garlic paste and mix well,add mutton(if mutton stock is more then drain and keep in fridge for future use)and mix well.Make sure you keep the flame medium.
- Than add the dry spice powder and saute well .Later add 1/2 lemon juice and again stir well.
- Once all the ingredients are added into the mutton cover it and cook for more 5-7 min on slow flame and then its done.
- Lastly garnish with green coriander and serve hot.Just Classic pepper Mutton.