plain upma recipe). In this recipe i tried using sweet corn and carrots ,sweet flavour of corns also gives great taste to any dish.I was not that sure about Upma tasting so great after adding Corns.
Total Preparation Time : 15 min
Cooking Time : 5-7 Min
2 Cups Semolina
4 Cups of water
1 Cup of sweet corn and carrots(carrots cut into small dice)
1 Onion chopped
5-7 Curry leaves
1 Tsp Mustard seeds
Salt as per taste
1/2 Tsp Sugar just for sweetness
Fresh coriander for garnish
- First take the semolina and roast it in pan until light golden brown.You add ghee also while roasting but its optional.
- In pan add oil may be around two table spoon,once heated add mustard seeds.After it starts to crackle add curry leaves and onions.
- Stir the onions well and make sure it doesn't burn.Then add the corns and carrot.Once again give a stir and cover the pan and allow it to cook for 2 min.
- Then add water,salt and sugar.Once you see water boiling reduce the shim and add the semolina . Immediately stir it well and cover the pan .Let it cook for 3 min approx or as the semolina will get stuck to pan.
- Again stir well and switch of the stove .Its done.
- Lastly garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot for morning breakfast or evening Tea time snack.