Green Masala is one of the Magical Masala in our Goan Homes.The Green Masala gives taste and flavours to all possible dishes.You can take anything for tat matter from Fish. chicken,to beef,mutton ,or any kind of veggies this green masala will give awesome Taste which makes anybody attract to the Dish.
Green Masala Mackerels is again favorite Appetizer for Most of Goans. You cannot resist the tangy and spicy taste of masala which forces you to lick your fingers ;).
Total Preparation Time 30-45 min
Cooking time:20 min
6 Fresh Mackerels
For Green Masala(Grind into Fine Paste the below ingredients till vinegar)
1/2 Bunch of Green coriander
4-6 Green chilies(adjust according to spice)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Tsp pepper Corns
1/2 Tsp Cumin
2 Inch Ginger
10-15 Flakes of Garlic
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
Goan Toddy Vinegar For grinding the paste(can take any other vinegar if Goan not available)
2 Eggs beaten
2 Cups of Semolina(rava)
Oil for frying
- First Clean the Mackerels well,and than cut it vertically from stomach side till take in a butterfly fillets shape.
- Than apply required amount of salt to the mackerels and keep aside.
- Take all the above ingredients in the mixture jar and grind it into smooth green masala paste.
- Apply the green masala paste to the mackerels properly over the and allow it to marinate for 10-15 min.
- After 15 min take each mackerel,dip in the beaten egg from both the sides and than coat in semolina from both the side and press the mackerels lightly so the semolina coats well to the fish body.
- Place the Tava/pan on stove once heated add oil and shallow fry the Mackerels till crispy and golden brown.
- Relish the Green masala Bangde/Mackerels with chilled beer/or as a appetizer/or as side dish.