Neureos are not just prepared in Goa but other part of India as well like In Hindi its called as Gujia. In Bihar its called as Padaulkiya, Maharashtra it is called Karanji(Marathi)Ghughra in Gujarat(Gujarati), Karachika in Tamilnadu(Tamil) and Karjikayi in Karnataka(kanada) and Andra(Telugu).
1/2 kilo gram Multipurpose Flour/Maida
1/2 Small cup oil heated
Water for kneading
2 Scrapped Coconut
1/2 Kilo Gram Sugar(powdered Sugar)
100 Gram Rava/semolina
2 Tea spoon Sesame(til)
1 Tea spoon Poppy seeds(kus kus)
2 Table spoon Chopped Cashew Nuts
2 Table spoon Chopped Raisins
Oil for deep frying
- First start kneading the dough, for that first heat oil, than add flour to a bowl. Add hot oil, salt and mix with spoon since oil is hot. Than add required water and knead a smooth dough and keep aside to rest till you prepare the filling.
- For filling start by first keeping a big deep pan on stove, once heated add the scrapped coconut and roast well till light golden brown. Once roasted well keep in plate.
- Roast semolina, poppy seeds, sesame seeds roast all well. Than add powdered cardamom, cashew nuts and raisins. Off the stove and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Once cooled than add the powdered sugar in he mixture and mix well .Than add the mixture in mixer grinder and grind into roughly fine granules just for about 20 -30 sec .
- Now start to make Neureos, for that take small amount of dough and roll it into small round roti.
- Take he Filling and place it in the Centre of the roti ,than apply water around the roti and fold it opposite sides in form of dumplings(half moon shape) and press the edges well so the filling doesn't come out.
- Till you prepare the Neureos keep the oil for heating. Once you finish making Neureos fry the it till golden brown. Make sure later turn the stove to medium heat while frying.