Total preparation time:30 min
Cooking time :15 min
1 bunch of methi leaves/fenugreek fresh leaves
3 cups of rice
one large onion chopped
1 small cub of green coriander
5 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger
20 pepper corns
3 green chilies
3 vegetable Maggie cubes
salt for taste
10 cashewnuts chopped
water( for one cup of rice add 2 1/2 cup of water)
- First and foremost clean the fenugreek leaves and chop it finely,than chop onions,and on the other hand in mixer add green coriander,chilies,pepper corns,ginger ,garlic and grind all into fine paste.
- Than in cooker add oil as required ,once heated add chopped onions,saute onions till transparent and than add the ground green paste and fry well along with onions for about 2 min.
- Than add cashew nuts and fenugreek/methi leaves,mix well and again cook leaves for 5 min.
- Add water into cooker,than add Maggie cubes and salt,mix all well and once water is heated than add rice.
- Mix rice well into the water and cover the lid of pressure cooker and take 2-3 whistles for the rice to cook.
- once done allow the pressure cooker to cool down,serve rice hot with curd & pomegranate raita.