Total Preparation Time : 1 Hour 40 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
1 Kilo Gram whole chicken(can cut into Just 4 pieces or can keep whole)
1/2 Table spoon Fresh Garlic Paste
1/2 Table spoon Fresh Ginger paste
1 Table spoon Yogurt
2 Large ripe tomatoes finely chopped
4 Fresh chilies 2 red and 2 green slit vertically
1/4 Bowl of green coriander for garnishing
2 Table spoon of roughly ground Cumin and dry coriander seeds
1 Tsp of chili flakes
- Take a whole Chicken and give it few cuts to make it flat or you can cut into 4 pieces so its easy to turn on Tawa.
- Than apply salt,ginger-garlic paste and yogurt,rub the ingredients well on the body of chicken and into the cuts.Allow the chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the Tawa on stove,add oil once oil is heated place the chicken and after few seconds cover it with large steel bowl which is deep and of the size and radius of Tawa .
- Allow the Chicken to cook for 10 min.After 10 min turn the chicken with tongs and again cover it and allow to cook for more 10 min.
- Than again flip the Chicken,it must have changed the colour to light brown.At this stage add chopped tomatoes and chili flakes.Cover the chicken and allow it cook for more 10 min so that the tomatoes gets cooked and leaves its juices.
- Then flip it again ,but at this stage do not cover the lid because now we should make sure the liquid gets dried from the tawa.
- Now sprinkle the roughly ground cumin -coriander ,flip it one more time so that spices goes down the chicken.Take the gravy from the Tawa and place it on top of the chicken.
- Than sprinkle fresh coriander leaves,spread the chopped fresh chilies,Turn one more time the Chicken so that the fresh chilies gets roasted .At last add the chopped onions and cover it with bowl and switch off the stove.Onions will get cooked inside since its covered .
- Serve chicken in other plate or Tawa and serve Hot and enjoy .I just loved it,hopefully even you guys will love it.Do try and enjoy with Family.Cheers