Tizzan is considered as one of the most healthier drinks from kids to adults or old people. Tizzan is made out of Nachne (Ragi) extract or you can use Nachne flour.Since Nachne is so very rich is calcium and iron so its good for growing kids.
Tizzan is very easy to make with simple home ingredients but still so much rich in nutrients and filling.Mostly is made by using goan coconut black jaggery(made from coconut)used in most of the sweet dishes prepared in Goa like Dodol, Alle pelle,etc,than other main ingredient is coconut milk.So just imagine when so healthier ingredients come together how tasty and wonderful the dish will be.:)
Cooking time:15-20 min
4 Tsp Ragi flour(Nachne)
1/2 Coconut Milk extract
2 Triangles of Coconut jaggery
2 Cardamom crushed
Pinch of slat
water as required
- First take scrapped coconut ,add to mixer jar also add water to extract thin coconut milk.
- Grind it into smooth paste and then strain it through a strainer and keep aside.
- In a vessel add ragi flour,jaggery and little water ,mix all the ingredients till jaggery dissolves completely in water.
- Than keep the vessel on the stove and keep stirring for about 5 min so there are no lumps formed,once the ragi mixture starts boiling add coconut milk and cardamom powder .
- Again keep stirring for more 10 min until tizzan consistency is thick,keep on the stove for more 3-4 min.
- Serve once its little mild hot.